Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Is it ok to pull it off? Black nail.?

I jammed my finger in the car door two months ago, and caught it right on the nail bed. It turned black straight away, and i was told to just leave it until it fell off, but its two months later and its still here haha!! There is also a bump underneath my nail in between the first knuckle and the nail bed, a nurse told me it was trapped blood. I haven't been to a doctor's or hospital or anything, just had the advice of my mum's friend. Today I noticed I was able to pull it off at the side slightly, and I can see underneath it, where all the black blood is. I was thinking of pulling it off but I dont want to in case I can only pull off some of it and the rest is still stuck under the big lump... should I pull it off or will it just infect it?





Thank you :) xxIs it ok to pull it off? Black nail.?
Leave it intact and let your body do it's thing. If you remove the nail it presents an entry for infection and may damage the nail root resulting in a more disfigured new nail.Is it ok to pull it off? Black nail.?
No... you risk damaging your nail bed and any new tissue attempting to grow. If you leave it be it should fall off within a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment