Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Is it safe to get acrylic nails while pregnant?

obviously the nail itself isn't what i'm worried about. its the smell of the chemicals. a lot of my pregnant friends have their nails done. should i ask for a mask? Is it safe to get acrylic nails while pregnant?
You can ask for a mask if you want to, but it not is completely neccessary, because of the short amount of time you spend in the salon. Getting your nails done is totally safe and a great way to feel pampered while pregnant!Is it safe to get acrylic nails while pregnant?
Yes, it is safe. If you are going to a good salon it will be ventilated very well. You won't smell anything if they are doing it right. If you are worried you can always wear a face mask (like a dr does). If you were going to be doing nails all the time I might wear a face mask then too, I've seen plenty of nail technicians do that before.
Definitely. Just don't go to a ';walk ins welcome'; type of place but rather a GOOD salon. It will be more pricey, but you won't have the fumes or risk of catching some kind of fungus or infection...








ADD: I can't believe anyone would go somewhere to get their nails done and have to wear a mask. If you smell ANY fumes, don't go there, period-that goes for coloring your hair and getting a full set or fill...
If you're just having acrylic nails put on, you're probably not exposed to enough of any hazardous materials to create any significant hazard to your pregnancy.





I had to look this up myself seeing as how i aam 13 weeks and getting married so i wanted my nails pretty lol....I hope this website helps you like it helped me!!!!





http://www.babycenter.com/406_is-it-safe-to-have-acrylic-nails-put-on-during-pregnancy_1245154.bc
Yes it is safe. I asked my doctor and he said it's not a problem. I get my nails done every 2 weeks and feel fine. You can wear a mask if you want, but it's not an issue.
all you have to do is get a mask and make sure the place is well ventilated. i get a pedi every two weeks. its not harmful as long as you arent around it every day. some people are TOOO cautious.
Yes, all of those chemicals are really bad for you when your not pregnant. And when your pregnant its even worse. If its really that important then where a mask and try not to say long.
A lot of pregnant women get their nails done. I would just advise you to wear a mask so you don't sit and inhale all those chemicals.
I wouldnt chance it. it's very strong and toxic. That is y the stylists (or whatever you call them) wear a mask.
It's fine.
  • makeup tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment