Thursday, January 21, 2010

How come when you use your finger nail the mouse touch pad of your laptop it doesn't work?

* There are horizontal and vertical rows of electrodes below it that form a grid. These layers with electrodes are charged with a constant alternating current (AC).





* As the finger touches the electrode grid, the current is interrupted and the interruption is detected by the circuit board.





* It works by sensing the capacitance. The human finger is an electrical conductor, and when you place your finger on a TouchPad, a tiny capacitance forms between your finger and the metal electrodes in the TouchPad.





* The TouchPad sensor's sensitive analog electronics measure the amount of capacitance in each of the electrodes. By measuring which electrodes have the most capacitance, the TouchPad can locate your finger to an accuracy of better than 1/1000th of an inch.How come when you use your finger nail the mouse touch pad of your laptop it doesn't work?
I don't know, I have also noticed this and this is honestly one of the reasons that I hate laptops. I would strongly suggest getting a wireless mouse for you laptop because they are much easier to use in my opinion and I think that they give you much more control then the touch pad. I hope that this helped. Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment