Friday, January 15, 2010

Is it okay to get my nails done?

I know what my mom and other older people say but really will getting my nails done in the nail shop... (just a mani %26amp; pedi) affect the baby @ all? My mom says just being in there is bad... What about the hair shop, I dont put any chemicals on my self but can just being around them do harm?Is it okay to get my nails done?
it's all only abou chemicals... BUT... some people say u can't get your nails, hair done while pregnant...


well i dont see the point in walking all messy- being pregnant is joy, not an illness...


plus mums always know what's the best for their lil ones... since u r mum to be- do what u want, your good emotions are good for your baby...





good luck and congrats!Is it okay to get my nails done?
you can get your nails done but it got to be in a well ventilated room.





wear one of them white '; doctor look-a-like'; masks .
If you just get a standard mani pedi, then you're fine, nothing to worry about. I wouldn't get acrylics though, I've heard different things about that. Don't worry about going to get a cut either. As long as your not putting the chemicals on your scalp, or sitting in the back room inhaling them, your fine. I've had many questions myself! Good luck and congrats!
i am 18 weeks and i have gotten my nails done every 2 weeks since i could remember...just tell them to put the fan on your face so the fumes dont get to you...
It is perfectly safe.
You should wear a mask when in there because of the chemicals. Also, make sure you use formaldehyde-free polish on your nails. You don't want any chemicals being absorbed into your system. With the hair thing -- they say no chemicals on the hair during the first trimester. I'd go with what your doctor says. When in doubt, call your OB.

No comments:

Post a Comment