Friday, May 14, 2010

Why is it when you get a professional manicure your nails are sooo shiny?

I have tried everything at home, every top-coat, clear coat etc. on my nails, and yet I never can achieve that same pretty shine and perfection that I get if I get my nails done professionally. And I don't have arcrylic nails or anything, just my regular nails. What can I do to get the pro look at home? Thanks!Why is it when you get a professional manicure your nails are sooo shiny?
It's probably a combination of technique as well as product. But I'd suggest you ask your manicurist what products (base coat, shade and top coat) she's been using for you!





Also, buy a ';buffing'; tool. You can find them at any beauty supply shop... even some drugstores. They're amazing, and will give your nails a SUPER high shine with no polish whatsoever!





I would also recommend Sally Hansen (as the poster above suggested). I use the ';MEGA SHINE'; Extended Wear Top Coat (silver bottle). It's an amazing product, gives super-shine, dries quick and lasts for days!





Good Luck!Why is it when you get a professional manicure your nails are sooo shiny?
I think they use some kind of stuff that powder, I think.
because they use all those different lotions and everything. and actually i'm not sure. it's like they do voodoo so you keep coming back. those asians.
they might look really shiny if they get you to use the ultra violet topcoat and then let your nails dry under an ultra violet light. i dont know if that makes it shinier, but it makes it last longer because it hardens the polish.


i use sally hansen topcoat and its really shiny. maybe try putting on 2 coats?
One thing that is important is to polish the nail, which needs to be free of polish, etc when you do it. This brings out the natural shine. There are utensils at the nail aisle that will polish the nail into a lovely shine.


Also, a visit to your local beauty supply store, and asking questions as to products available will allow you to purchase the same things the manicurist uses in her salon. A sale is a sale and they will be glad to help you.
Because they are PROFESSIONALS, they do that for a living. Next time you're there ask them what they are using on your nails, then maybe you can buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment