Monday, May 10, 2010

How can I hang it in my dorm without using nails/screws?

I have a large (3 by 2 ft.) whiteboard.How can I hang it in my dorm without using nails/screws?
Interesting question. You could prop it on the back of a desk or chest of drawers. There are lots of non-permanent hangers that you can purchase at hardware and painting departments that might work. Check out the home improvement stores - Home Depot, Lowe's or whatever there is in your city that is close. Ask for their advice. I see all kinds of intriguing ways to hang things - new products all the time.


Good luck.How can I hang it in my dorm without using nails/screws?
3M has a wall hanger that is guaranteed not to mees up a wall. I has a sticky surface that is applied to the wall, and when you want to remove it, you pull a tab at the bottom of the hanger.





http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en鈥?/a>
Personally, if the boards are really heavy, i would just find two really small nails and just nail them up. I know that's against dorm room policy, but as long as no one hears you or sees you doing it, they won't care or know. And, at the end of the year, you can either fill them yourself (if you or someone in your family is really good at it), or just deny they were nails. Say they were push pin holes (unless you aren't allowed to have them either).





Plenty of people did that at my school last year, and I saw way more damage done by sticky strips than by nails. They actually peel off the paint if you leave them on there too long. Talk about a mark. Just, be sure not to nail loudly or too deep. Only as much as needed.





If not, 3M sticking strips work ok, and there are hooks you can buy that are pretty strong that stick to the wall. You can find them really cheap at Target or Walmart.





Also, have you tried over the door hooks? You can hang one over your actual door and one over your closet. That's always an option too. :)
That's a tough one. Most home improvement stores have liquid nails but, depending on the weight of the board you may need to use screws or nails.
Use 3M sticky strips. They have everything from small to large! They are quite amazing! They can be removed without even leaving a mark!! Just follow the directions on the package and viola!
  • cover girl
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment