Monday, May 10, 2010

My rabbit broke a nail, how long will it take it to grow back?

I was clipping my rabbits nail and noticed that, to my surpise, he had somehow broken most of one of his nails off.





His nails are not too long, I check them and cut them as needed once a month. I don't know what he caught it on or what happened. I think that maybe he could have somehow broken it when he was playing out of his cage (he's an indoor rabbit) either inside the house or in his outside pen.





He's not limping or acting abnormal, but when I tried to clean it he pulled his paw away like it was painful. I called my vet and made him an apt. for friday, even though everything I read said that he should be fine as long as it doesn't get infected.





I was just wondering how long do you think it will take the nail to grow back? I know how painful it is when humans break off their nails too short and I feel bad for him. Hopefully it won't take to long, does anyone know??My rabbit broke a nail, how long will it take it to grow back?
Maybe a month or more?


Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment