Monday, May 10, 2010

How much is it to clip a dogs nails at petco or petsmart for a large dog?

$8.00How much is it to clip a dogs nails at petco or petsmart for a large dog?
Should not be over $10.00 if so call your Vet for clipping.How much is it to clip a dogs nails at petco or petsmart for a large dog?
I think I paid 10 at petsmart for them to do my mini dachshunds nails with a dremel tool. I believe it was $2 cheaper if they just clipped them with clippers.
Buy a pair of clippers from Petco and have your vet show you how to do it. You can also get a ';dremel'; which is what my breeder recommended. This will polish the nail down to size rather than cut/shatter the nail.
Petsmart:


Nail trim - $8.00


Nail trim and ear cleaning (Nail %26amp; Care Pkg) - $12.00
$8 at Petsmart, don't know about Petco.
Mr groomer does it for free when we get his anti-shedding treatment done. I use the Ban-field groomer at Petsmart.





Or, next time you visit the vet, ask them about clipping his/her nails. They know that it can be dangerous for someone who doesn't know how to do it properly, and they will also do it free of charge, as long as you are paying for the visit already.
I think for just a nail trim it runs about $7 to $8, which isn't bad considering how tough it is to clip a large dogs nails sometimes, that's where we take our 78lb Pit bull, I always get scared I will cute them too short. It's a lot easier on us and her that way!
I'm not sure but in the long run it is better to do your own (a few trips pays for a good set of clippers), there are lots of instructions available on line, and if the concern is black nails, which my dogs have, grinding is a good alternative, you don't cut the quicks! the shorter you can keep the nails the better for the dog, keeps the feet in better shape and easier on your floors

No comments:

Post a Comment